Simulakrum Lab is an electronic music project created by Paolo Prevosto, composer and sound designer, in collaboration with Eugene, voice and sound engineering.
The concept deals with advanced research technology matters, by means of 70s sound paradigms, inspired by electronic music pioneers such as Kraftwerk, Goblin and Moroder.
What makes this project outstanding is the realization of tracks based almost exclusively on original analog synthetizers from the 70s, Moog, Korg and Doepfer, avoiding as much as possible the use of emulated computer synthetizers.
The core of SIMULAKRUM LAB is the balance between old school electronic music and groundbreaking future sound engineering.
Here some renowed guests who collaborated to the project:
- Claudio Simonetti (famous author, together with Goblin, of many Dario Argento’s movies soundtracks) keyboard player in track “Aggregat 4″.
- Fabio Pignatelli (legendary bass player, former Goblin member, renown for “Profondo Rosso” and “Suspiria” soundtrcks) bass guitar player in track “Backlit”.
- Kenneth Johnson (maker, producer and director of many famous tv series, among which “Visitors”, “Bionic Woman”, “The Incredible Hulk” and “Alien Nation”) voice in track “The Day The Vocoder Stood Still”
- Liz Enthusiam (singer for the U.S.A. sinth-pop band “Freezepop”) vocals in “Quiet Girl” and “Far Worlds”
- Intro – Simulakrum Lab
- Quiet girl feat. Liz Enthusiasm
- Brain in a dish
- Lost cosmonauts
- Far worlds feat. Liz Enthusiasm
- More order
- The day the vocoder stood still feat. Kenneth Johnson
- Backlit feat. Fabio Pignatelli
- Model 1150
- Aggregat 4 feat. Claudio Simonetti
- Eva glove
Limited White Vinyl 300 copies!